General Information about my RPG BlogThe Kingdom of Maircoan is my homebrew campaign setting. Most of the games I've run are set here, even if I don't go through the process of specifically calling out all of the history and background. There are a few general pieces of information most people want to know:
- What rules are you using?
- How do you define this world?
- What do you plan on writing about?
- Will you review my product/Kickstarter?
Those answers are below!
1. What rules are you using?I original started with the 2nd Edition AD&D game rules in 1991. I started development on what would later become known as the Kingdom of Maircoan in 1996 when I got the Player's Options books and started using them to build worlds very different from those offered by TSR. So in a sense, this is a 2nd Edition/2.5th Edition blog!
Additionally, I've started playing with the 5th Edition rules, they remind me more of Basic Fantasy/Labyrinth Lord with some 2nd Edition thrown in.
2. How do you define this world?
Maircoan is a low magic, low power campaign world. As I go into the detail of why and how it was created, I hope that the overview, notes, and thoughts will inspire other people to build similar worlds of their own.
3. What do you plan on writing about?
My game world in particular, but also reviews of gaming products, gaming in general, and more. I enjoy writing and creating material, and I hope you come back often to use the material I create.
4. Will you review my product/kickstarter?
Great question! I'll answer this in more detail later.